The printed version June 2011 issue of JIPLP was posted a while ago and should be with you by now. Don't forget -- the safest, easiest, speediest and indeed cheapest way to benefit from a subscription to JIPLP is to sign up for the electronic version.
|Editing: it can be a nightmare|
if contributors don't help!
- Giving authors and readers permission to reproduce articles, current intelligence notes and other features, whether in whole or part, however nicely they ask. OUP is the exclusive licensee, and I have no permission that I can give;
- Giving authors permission to use third party material;
- Filling in the gaps and missing references which an author has neglected or been unable to identify;
- Verifying the functionality of internet addresses;
- Reading and giving an opinion on first, second and third drafts of articles before they've even been submitted;
- Telling contributors which issue their contributions will be published in, until such time as the production team has had a chance to meet and organise the material before it -- this rarely takes place within two hours of an article being submitted for publication;
- Advising contributors of the likelihood that any journal other than JIPLP will be able and willing to publish their work.