Current live discussion topics include the following:
- * The pros and cons of making draft articles available in full when they have an acute degree of topical interest;
- * Whether the book review section should also review IP on the social media, such as weblogs and Twitter accounts;
- * The pricing of IP journals;
- * The degree of factual detail that articles and case notes should contain;
- * Articles on comparative law -- how useful are they?
- * Breadth of coverage and the problem of articles on issues that are tangential to mainstream IP;
- * Publication ethics;
- * Whether IP practitioners should be encouraged to write about cases in which they were involved -- or barred from doing so;
- * How interactive should a modern IP journal be?
Reminder: JIPLP also has a Twitter account, @JIPLP, which has getting on for 500 followers. This is another way of keeping in touch with the journal's continuing dialogue with the IP community.