That's why today's also the perfect day for us at JIPLP to launch a new call for articles which explore IP issues as relating to the realm of love and passion.
Examples include but are of course not limited to:
- IP controversies between dating apps and websites, eg the recent Tinder/Bumble feud over the swipe;
- Copyright protection of certain types of material, as - eg - discussed here;
- Trade mark registration and protection of love-related signs, as - eg - discussed here.
In sum: anything that (1) comes with an IP angle and (2) relates to the realm of love and passion is something that we would like to consider for publication on the Journal.
We thus invite interested authors to submit articles which:
- Concern IP issues as relating to the realm of love and passion;
- Have a length of less than 8,000 words (footnotes included);
- Comply with JIPLP style guidelines;
- Are submitted through our portal here.
The deadline for submissions is 14 June 2020. All contributions that are submitted will go through our ordinary peer-review process and authors will receive a decision as regards publication by early July.
If you have questions or would like to discuss an idea or a proposal for an article, please email Editor Eleonora Rosati and/or Managing Editor Sarah Harris.
Happy Valentine's Day!